There are two types of information we may collect through your use of the Services:
- “Personal Information,” which is the type of information that specifically identifies you personally and/or can be used alone to contact you online or offline, such as your full name, physical address, email address, telephone number, precise geolocation information, credit card information and, in some cases, user names and browser information.
- “Non-Personal Information,” which is information that does not identify you individually and cannot be used to contact you personally, including information about you such as your ZIP code, employer, college, and non-precise geolocation information (e.g., your city), as well as information about your computer and mobile device, such as your unique device ID, Internet Protocol (IP) address, or other persistent identifiers, and their hardware/software/firmware. Non- Personal Information also includes “Usage Data,” which is anonymous data tied to your computer and/or device, such as the actions you take within and outside of the Services, the browser and/or device you use, the date and time of your use of the Services, particular preferences you have chosen, and the URLs you visited and/or apps you used before and after using our Services.
PERSONAL INFORMATION, NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION AND OTHER INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
- If you choose to open an account with us, request support, or in any other way take steps that require the submission of Personal Information or Non-Personal Information, we may collect information such as your name, email address, phone number, and/or physical address.
- From time to time, we may offer you the opportunity to participate in surveys or questionnaires seeking information or opinions from you. Your participation is completely voluntary. If you choose to participate, we will collect certain Personal Information from you as well as general demographic information.
- If you choose to submit your Personal Information to us for any other reason in any other form (e.g., customer service requests), we will collect such Personal Information and use it for the purposes for which you submitted it.
- We will only collect Personal Information if you choose to submit it to us. However, we, or third party analytics and/or marketing services working on our behalf, may collect Personal or Non-Personal Information such as device IDs, IP addresses and other persistent identifiers, as well as Usage Data, whenever you use our Services or services associated with the aforementioned third parties and/or their partners. Such Non-Personal Information is not combined with Personal Information unless you choose to submit Personal Information to us.
USE OF THE PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
We will use your Personal Information to:
- provide you with the services or functionality you have requested;
- respond to any inquiries you have made through our customer service features;
- contact you to promote our Services or alert you to special offers or features. We will
USE OF THE NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
Non-Personal Information may be used by us for administrative, analytical, research, optimization, security and other purposes. Specifically, we may use your Non-Personal Information to:
- track your use of our Services to help us learn more about your preferences and tendencies so that we can personalize your experience, provide you with notifications that are tailored to you, and otherwise enhance your experience;
- personalize your content;
- respond to customer service inquiries;
- protect against crime or fraud, or for other security reasons;
DISCLOSURE OF THE PERSONAL INFORMATION AND NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
- Except as described herein, we will not sell, rent or transfer your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties outside of the Services without your prior consent. Specifically, we will not share your Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes without first obtaining your consent.
- In order to provide certain aspects of our Services, we may be required to share your information, including Personal Information, with third parties with whom we have contracted to assist us in providing such Services. For example, if you choose a financing option through one of our third party financing partners, we will share your Personal Information with such company in order to help facilitate your application process.
- In addition, Non-Personal Information in aggregated, anonymous form may be shared with third parties who assist us with our internal operations such as administration, analytics, research, strategy and optimization.
- The third parties we contract with for the foregoing purposes (“Service Providers”) will be authorized to use such information only for the purposes for which the party was engaged; however, please understand that the storage and use of your information by such Service Providers is not in our control (as discussed in more detail below).
- Our Services may offer social sharing features such as “Share” or “Like” on Facebook or other third party social networking sites. If you decide to use such features, it may allow the sharing and collection of Personal Information and Non-Personal Information both to and from such third-party social networks. You should visit the policies of such third parties for more information about their information collection practices.
- In connection with any sale of our company or any line of business (including the assets relating thereto), customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets, and such customer information (including your Personal Information) will be transferred or sold to the acquirer in the event of any such sale or disposition of any or all of our business.
- If you have previously consented to our sharing of your Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes, you may opt out at any time by contacting us at [email protected] and including “Opt Out of Disclosure for Direct Marketing” in the subject line.
Effective Date: March 14, 2018
- What information we collect;
- With whom it is shared;
- How it can be corrected;
- How it is secured;
- How policy changes will be communicated; and
- How to address concerns over misuse of personal data.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this Site. We only have access to the information/collect information that you voluntarily provide to us:
- When you submit forms or fields to us through the Site;
- When you submit comments to content posted on the Site;
- When you sign up for any newsletters or other materials through the Site; and/or
- When you communicate to us with a request about the Site, whether via email or other means.
We will use your information to:
- Respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us;
- To engage in customer support;
- To fulfill a request initiated by you;
- Resolve problems and disputes;
- Improve our services; and
- To process and fulfill any orders made through the Site.
We will not sell your information. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g., to process or fulfill an order or other request made on the Site, or as required by law.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us through any means outlined at the bottom of this policy:
- See what data we have about you, if any;
- Change/correct any data we have about you;
- Have us delete any data we have about you; and/or
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
If the Site offers services or downloadable content to buy from us, you must provide your contact information (e.g., name and email address). Your financial information will not be collected, as we use a third party’s services (e.g., Paypal) and do not directly process payments. Any information we collect is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will also use this information to contact you.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the Site, your information is protected both online and offline. Whenever we collect sensitive information (such as your address should you choose to share that with us), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (e.g. billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
We use “cookies” on this Site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a Site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our Site and identify repeat visitors to our Site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our Site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance their experience on our Site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our Site.
Automatically Collected Information
When you visit the Site or open an email from us, we may automatically receive and record certain information from your computer, web browser and/or mobile device, including your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, hardware and software settings and configurations, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after visiting the Site, the pages you view on the Site, your actions on the Site, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Site. When you use the Site on a mobile device, we may also collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or wireless local area network signals.
Do Not Track
Third parties such as ad networks and analytic providers may collect information about your online activities over time and the various websites you access. Currently, various browsers offer a “Do Not Track” (DNT) option, but there is no standard for how DNT should work on commercial websites. For that reason, the Site does not currently respond to Do Not Track consumer browser settings.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, we do not allow children under 13 years of age to use the Site, we do not knowingly collect or maintain information from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of the Site is directed to persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Site at any time or in any manner. If we learn that information has been collected through the Site from persons under 13 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete the information.
Occasionally, our Site may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of such sites. Nevertheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site and welcome any feedback about such sites.
Notification of Changes
This policy may be amended from time-to-time. Any amendments to our policy will be posted on this page. If we change the policy in a material way, a notice will be posted on the Site with the updated policy.
We accept forms of compensation from affiliate companies. The compensation received will never influence the content, topics, or posts made by us on this Site. All of our recommendations and opinions were created from our personal experience and use of the products.
We are not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites, or other various topics. The views and expressions on our blog contained on the Site are purely ours. If we claim or appear to be an expert on a particular topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
Please remember that the opinions on our blog are not universal and may not necessarily be true for you. Please try out the free demos and course materials that are available and come to your own conclusions about these products.
Our intention in creating this Site is to help students pass the CPA exam. We are passionate about this and primarily motivated by other student’s success. Any money earned from affiliate commissions is a byproduct of our goal to help students and it will help fund the costs to host and run this Site.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request regarding your Information, please contact us via email at [email protected], or the Contact page on our Site.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice
Takedown Policy and Procedures
We respect the intellectual property rights of others just as we expect third parties to respect our rights. Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DCMA”), Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c), a copyright owner or their agent may submit a takedown notice to us via our DMCA Agent listed below. As an internet service provider, we are entitled to claim immunity from said infringement claims pursuant to the “safe harbor” provisions of the DMCA. To submit a good faith infringement claim to us, you must submit notice to us that sets forth the following information:
Notice of Infringement – Claim
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner (or someone authorized to act on behalf of the owner);
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the infringing material to be removed, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material. [Please submit the URL of the page in question to assist us in identifying the allegedly offending work];
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party including your name, physical address, email address, phone number and fax number;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that the use of the material is unauthorized by the copyright agent; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Title 17 USC §512(f) provides civil damage penalties, including costs and attorney fees, against any person who knowingly and materially misrepresents certain information in a notification of infringement under 17 USC §512(c)(3).
Send all takedown notices to the following.
Email: [email protected]
Counter Notification – Restoration of Material
If you have received a notice of material being taken down because of a copyright infringement claim, you may provide us with a counter notification in an effort to have the material in question restored to the Site. Said notification must be given in writing to our DMCA Agent and must contain substantially the following elements pursuant to 17 USC Section 512(g)(3):
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- A description of the material that has been taken down and the original location of the material before it was taken down;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
- Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal district court for the judicial district in which the address is located (or if you are outside of the United States, that you consent to jurisdiction of any judicial district in which the service provider may be found), and that the you will accept service of process from the person or company who provided the original infringement notification; and
- Email your counter notice to [email protected] for prompt action.
Repeat Infringer Policy
We take copyright infringement very seriously. Pursuant to the repeat infringer policy requirements of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we maintain a list of DMCA notices from its copyright holders with our registered DMCA Agent. We make a good faith effort to identify any repeat infringers on this list pursuant to the safe harbor requirements of the DMCA.
We reserve the right to modify the contents of this page and its policy for handling DMCA claims at any time for any reason. You are encouraged to check back to review this policy frequently for any changes.
In accordance with the FTC guidelines concerning use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising, let us make you aware of the following circumstances:
- Testimonials appearing on this Site are actually received via email submission. They are individual experiences, reflecting real life experiences of those who have used our products and/or services in some way or other. However, they are individual results and results do vary. We do not claim that they are typical results that consumers will generally achieve. The testimonials are not necessarily representative of all of those who will use our products and/or services.
- The testimonials displayed are given verbatim except for correction of grammatical or typing errors. Some have been shortened, meaning; not the whole message received by the testimony writer is displayed, when it seemed lengthy or the testimony in its entirety seemed irrelevant for the general public.
- We are not responsible for any of the opinions or comments posted to our Site. We are not a forum for testimonials, however provides testimonials as a means for customers to share their experiences with one another. To prevent against abuse, all testimonials appear after they have been reviewed by us. We do not share opinions, views or commentary of any testimonials on this Site, and are strictly the views of the reviewer.
TESTIMONIAL SUBMISSIONS: As a consumer/user of the Site any products and/or services, by submitting your testimonial you give us permission to reprint, reproduce or use the testimonial in connection with our business. You also are agreeing to the following: (1) The reprint, reproduce or use of the testimonial will be at our discretion and without compensation; (2) We may use the testimonial with or without any pseudo (pen) name credit; (3) Our right to use the testimonial is perpetual and may be assigned by us; (4) We may use the testimonial locally, nationally, or globally and such use may be made in any media, information or communication platform (including internet advertising) currently in use or later developed; and (5) You, and not someone else, composed, submitted and posted the testimonial. By submitting your testimonial, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions as listed in this document.
It is entirely your choice whether or not you provide Personal Information to us. We and/or our third-party partners have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to attempt to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the Personal Information collected through the Services. We take, or obligate applicable third parties to take, reasonable precautions to protect our customers’ Personal Information against loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, please remember that no transmission of data over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us or from us, and you do so at your own risk. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us by email and you do so at your own risk.
If you believe your Personal Information is being improperly used by us or any third party, please immediately notify us via email at [email protected]
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHT
Under certain circumstances, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 requires that, upon receipt of a request by a California customer, a business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom Personal Information was disclosed in the preceding calendar year for direct marketing purposes, as well as a list of the categories of personal information that were disclosed. However, the foregoing does not apply to businesses like ours that do not disclose Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes without prior approval or that give customers a free mechanism to opt out of having their personal information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. California users may request further information about our approach to this law by writing to us at [email protected], using the subject line “CA Request for Information,” and requesting further information
California Do Not Track Disclosures: because we respect your privacy, we will abide by any “do not track” technology that you may choose to utilize, although, as described above with cookies, such technology may negatively affect the functionality of the Services.